Why is my menses coming 2 days: causes
When a woman discovers that going monthly 2 days the reasons need to start looking immediately, it is recommended immediately consult a doctor. Every woman the duration of menstrual bleeding is different, however there are certain rules.
Normal menstrual bleeding
The duration of the menstrual cycle is 21-35 days. Experts identify several phases of the cycle, the first of which is follicular or menstrual phase. During this period begins rejection of the endometrium – the mucous layer of the uterus, manifested menstrual bleeding.
The follicular phase lasts from one week to 22 days (on average it lasts 2 weeks). Period beginning with the first day of this phase, their normal duration is 3 to 7 days. During menstruation stands out from 50 to 80 ml of menstrual blood-tinged fluid. Thus, if menstruation is characterized by short duration (less than 3 days), and scanty secretions (less than 30 ml), it is possible to talk about the oligomenorrhea.
Why shorten my period
It is possible to allocate both physiological and pathological oligomenorrhea. In the first case, short periods are normal, and the second can be considered a sign any violations.
Physiological oligomenorrhea was observed in girls in adolescence after the appearance of menarche – first menstruation bleeding. Menstrual function is established in the course of the year, so at this time the cycle has a different duration, menses occur irregularly, often they are not only poor, but also end earlier, within 1-2 days after the onset.
Another option physiological oligomenoree – shortening menstruation against the onset premenopausal. This period lasts about two years, it is also characterized by sparse, short and irregular menstruation, and then comes menopause.
Pathological oligomenorrhea can be primary or secondary. Primary oligomenorrhea caused by congenital diseases or anomalies of the structure of the reproductive system. It occurs at a young age. So if a year after the onset of menarche the girl is not established regular monthly cycle and go 2 days, you should contact your gynecologist.
Stress cause of secondary oligomenorrhea oligomenorrhea occurs because of exposure to adverse external factors or the background of any extragenital pathologies.
There are various reasons which lead to the secondary oligomenorrhea. The most common ones:
- experienced nervous stress;
- moving with the change of climate or time zones;
- sudden weight loss.
In such cases, oligomenorrhea often single, due to the fact that extreme conditions, which enters the body, leads to a small failure of hormonal background. Because of this, we can see not only shortening menstruation, but also delayed or early onset. As a rule, the work of the hormonal system then stabiliziruemost in the future menstruation are normal.
If oligomenorrhea occurs in the course of several months, the reasons may be very serious:
- Low body weight – the cause of the meager period. Low body weight often leads to the failure of the menstrual cycle. Adipose tissue is involved in the hormonal regulation of the production and depositing of estrogen. Therefore, a small percentage of body fat women causes deficiency of sex hormones, and this, in turn, entails a scarce and short menstruation, continued for two days.
- For the production of sex hormones the female also necessary fats, vitamins and minerals. So an unbalanced diet can lead to oligomenorrhea.
- Various endocrine diseases, such as diabetes or hypothyroidism, is also often the cause of short menstruation.
- A significant shortening of the menstrual bleeding is often observed in lactating women. Doctors consider oligomenorrhea in this case, it is normal, but if it persists after the period of lactation, you should consult a gynecologist.
- Short duration of menstruation may occur when you use hormonal contraceptives. Some doctors believe that patients receiving oral contraceptives or staging IUD oligomenorrhea is not pathological, but in any case, on this issue it is better to consult your doctor.
- Menstruation, which had ended a couple of days after the start characteristic of the period after surgery on the genitourinary system (for example, after abortion and curettage, removal of the uterus).
- Sometimes the cause of oligomenoree be infectious diseases of the reproductive system, exposure to chemicals, toxins, radiation.
Dangerous than short periods
If menstruation permanently end on the second day after the start, high likelihood of endometrial pathology.
Decreased libido with short mesyachnyi low levels of body fat, inadequate nutrition, or for some other reasons, the endometrium becomes very thin. In this regard, at the onset of the follicular phase of the cycle, it rejected pretty fast, monthly because of this are getting scarce and cease by the end of the second day.
Often these periods are accompanied by decreased sex drive. Insufficient thickness of endometrium is a common cause of infertility, because of the thin mucous layer of the fertilized egg can’t gain a foothold.
There are times when menses occur irregularly, a few times a month due to pathological proliferation of the endometrium – endometriosis. The woman then notices that menses too profuse, long-lasting and painful, and some time after their cessation may experience re-bleeding, scanty, spotting that end very quickly, within 1-2 days. These symptoms require specialist advice.
How to treat short menses
If a woman presents to the gynecologist complaining of a very short menstrual period, the doctor will first try to find out why there was such a problem. This requires not only collect history, but also to carry out inspection and some research.
Ultrasound of the pelvic organs to diagnose zabolevanijami just to diagnose the causes of oligomenoree ultrasound examination of organs of small pelvis. It allows you to assess the condition of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and uterus, measure the thickness of the endometrium in different phases of the cycle. If you want to hold transvaginal ultrasound, it can be used to detect uterine polyps or areas of hypertrophic endometrium, which also cause unplanned scanty and short menses.
In addition, a major role in the diagnosis plays assessment of hormonal women. This is a blood test and determined the concentrations of various sex hormones in certain phases of the menstrual cycle. Perhaps with the diagnostic purpose may require taking a smear from the vagina or cervical canal, conducting other research and analysis aimed at finding extragenital pathology.
Once the cause is discovered, the doctor possible starting the treatment.
Therapy necessarily involves the normalization of the power and regime of the day to make up for nutrient deficiency, your doctor may recommend a vitamin-mineral complexes.
It is very important to avoid nervous shock, exhaustion, and physical inactivity.
If short periods that ended after the second day, are the result of any pathological processes in the reproductive system, the doctor prescribes appropriate medication. Developed various hormones that help to normalize the thickness of the endometrium. It is believed that a good result give homeopathic remedies. In cases when oligomenorrhea is physiological, no special treatment is required.