What’s dangerous about uterine fibroids and how is it treated?
What is the danger of uterine fibroids? This question is often asked by those who are faced with this disease. Uterine fibroids – a benign tumor of the myometrium, which is associated with hormonal disorders. Although this tumor is benign, the pathology may have some complications, which negatively affect women’s health. Should be considered the most basic. But before you find out if uterine fibroids need a little more to learn about this disease.
The size of the formation may be from a few millimeters to 25 cm With little education, medical intervention is required. But if the tumor grows, it interferes with daily life or the development of pregnancy, you will need expert advice.
Symptoms of pathology
Fibroids are quite common in women. Because the symptoms in the early stages of minor illness, many patients are not aware of the presence of the tumor.
The growth of education of the uterus appear the following symptoms of disease:
- Abdominal pain is a symptom of uterine fibroids
- pain in the abdomen;
- pain in the lumbar and pelvic region;
- frequent urge to urinate;
- excessive bleeding during menstruation;
- the development of anemia;
- the emergence of constipation;
- develops infertility;
- pathology may lead to a miscarriage.
Very often suspected fibroids occur when women have long-term flow of menstruation, with profuse bleeding, sometimes with clots. This condition is dangerous because anemia in the body. At the time of sexual intercourse there is pain in the pelvis and legs.
There is a certain classification of the disease:
- The types of uterine fibroids
- Subserous fibroids. It is formed in the outer muscular layer of the uterus, able to grow in the pelvis. It does not affect the menstrual cycle, but the growth has a negative impact on other organs.
Intramural myoma. Gets the average development in the muscular layer. This form of the disease is found more frequently than others. If you increase the fibroid grows and the uterus. This condition entails the appearance of pain in the lower back and abdomen, and painful and heavy menstruation.
- Submucous myoma. It is the submucosal myoma, is also found quite often. The tumor develops inside the uterus, in its submucosal part. The symptoms this pronounced.
- Hormonal disorders in women, due to rising or lowering level of progesterone and estrogen.
- Irregular sexual life and absence of orgasm during sexual intercourse.
- Mechanical interference: abortion, birth trauma, curettage of the uterine cavity.
- The hereditary factor.
- Diseases that contribute to the formation of uterine fibroids: is diabetes mellitus, endocrine diseases, obesity, hypertension, sedentary lifestyle.
Methods of treatment of pathology
Treatments fibroids not so much. The doctor, based on the size of the tumor, its formation and effects on the body, can offer two conservative methods of treatment:
- Hormones therapy.
- Surgery to remove the tumor.
An algorithm for the treatment of fibroids mincieli education is not developing at a fast pace, and the woman is not planning a pregnancy soon, she was offered treatment with hormones. Hormone therapy is selected individually depending on the data analyses. It is not necessary to self-medicate, because you can harm the body and accelerate the growth of the tumor.
With the rapid growth of education it is removed surgically. Currently, there are disposal methods that do not violate the integrity of tissues of the uterus. If it is a laparoscopy, the negative consequences of surgery are minimized. Only in rare cases, fibroids can appear in another place.
In that case, if there is a risk of developing cancer, doctors take a decision on the complete removal of the uterus.
Indications for surgery may be the next causes:
- The structure of the uterus
- The large size of the fibroids and the progressive increase.
- Submucous tumors, regardless of size.
- Severe pain that improves with time.
- Prolonged and heavy menstruation on the background of fibroids, which threaten the development of anemia.
- Pathology contributes to dysfunction of other internal organs.
- Education is in the cervix.
The threat, which is fraught with uterine fibroids
What is the danger of uterine fibroids? The threat the disease may present in the following circumstances:
- Depending on the structure of the tumor.
- When necrosis (necrosis) tissues of the uterus.
- Depending on the location of education.
- In the presence of inflammation, which promotes the growth of fibroids.
Intense exercise is the cause of torsion legs Mininova fibroids can be located not directly on the uterus, and on the leg, which is attached to your fabric. Threat this species is the fact that the stalk fibroids can be twisted, thus causing a painful spasm. Such a condition called acute abdomen and requires immediate surgery.
Twisting of the leg can occur at the time of any action, such as during childbirth or during intensive physical exercises. This type of fibroid is called serous. Therefore, when it is detected, without waiting for complications, is assigned a routine operation to remove a tumor.
The other danger with uterine fibroids is a necrosis of the tissues of the body. To step it can either alone or in combination with pregnancy. As the nutrition of the tumor stops, appears sharp abdominal pain and fever.
Temperature – a symptom of fibroids matchprice of all, the survey is conducted, which includes ultrasound and tests, and then doctors will decide on the treatment of uterine fibroids. If scheduled for surgery, it is worth considering the age of the patient as involved in the process of dying organ tissue, the presence or absence of peritonitis (inflammation in the abdominal cavity). If the patient is of child-bearing age, when the doctors are trying to preserve the integrity of the uterus. Women in the age and in the presence of children shows the removal of the uterus, to avoid serious consequences.
What is the danger of uterine fibroids:
- Fibroids in some cases leads to infertility. Even if pregnancy has occurred, sometimes education standard prevents childbirth, it is necessary to resort to surgical method.
- If the myoma is formed on the front wall of the uterus, it is located near the urinary tract. When the tumor grows, it compresses the urethra, making it difficult to urinate. And this leads to chronic pyelonephritis.
- If the myoma is formed on the rear wall of the uterus, it may obstruct the passage of feces. Appear constipation and problems with the digestive system.
Danger during pregnancy
If there is a myoma of the uterus, how dangerous is this problem during pregnancy? If the woman is pregnant, there are a number of problems and complications.
If the uterine tone is elevated, it could be a threatened miscarriage. It all depends on the size of the tumor, its location and intensity growth. When the location of the tumor below the uterus at the time of birth have problems with expulsion of the fetus. If the intramural fibroids can occur in premature detachment of the placenta and the development of acute hypoxia in the child.
In the choice of tactics of delivery management takes into account many parameters:
- the status of the fetus at the time of delivery;
- the degree of impaired blood flow in the uterus, the fetus and placenta;
- the blood supply is cut memes.
Fibroids what is dangerous and when urgent help is needed?
- Torsion legs tumors.
- Necrosis of fibroids.
- The development of inflammation, etc.
Thus, realizing the danger of fibroids, it can be compared to a ticking time bomb. Despite the absence of symptoms, should be regularly and timely to visit the doctor and follow his recommendations you will be able to avoid serious complications.