Which means coccobacillary flora in the smear?
Upon detection coccobacillary flora in the smear should think about the fact that in the female body there are health problems. The norm of women’s smear must be present lactic acid bacteria and Bifidobacterium and Peptostreptococcus. Their main task is to prevent the development of the vagina by pathogenic microorganisms.
What is coccobacilli?
This is one of the species of bacteria that combines two forms of pathogenic micro-organisms – bacilli and cocci. The most famous representative coccobacilli bacteria is Haemophilus wand. It can cause Haemophilus infection. This must be attributed and the causative agent of gardnerellosis – gardenerella vaginalis, and the causative agent of chlamydia is Chlamydia trachomatis.
What coccobacilli in a smear?
Upon delivery of the smear test, if there is flora coccobacillary, it will be indicative of the presence of the representatives of the female population of sexually transmitted diseases, or the presence of vaginal dysbiosis. Such failures in the body occur when the balance of microorganisms living in the woman’s vagina was broken and it begins to actively increase the number of coccobacilli. They are pathogenic microorganisms.
Sexually transmitted diseases the causes of a breach are obvious. In the case of bacterial vaginosis to establish the true cause of the disease of the female genital organs is much more difficult.
Very often these diseases are closely intertwined. The result of bacterial vaginosis can be a change in the pH of the vagina, it can be detected or alkaline, or acidic. Both of these options were a deviation from the norm. The change of vaginal environment entails a violation of its protective functions in the body more easily penetrate infection, including STDs.
Coccobacillary pathogenic microorganisms in mastbaum another situation. Upon detection of genital infections they begin to treat an extensive course of antibiotics. As a result, the natural vaginal flora is destroyed, which can cause detection coccobacillary flora in the smear.
It must be remembered that coccobacillary pathogens can be diagnosed and the male part of the population. But male these bacteria are capable of long time to prove himself. In consequence of which man becomes a peddler of these microorganisms, himself not knowing about it. And unprotected intercourse the bacteria can be transmitted to the woman.
The reasons for the presence of coccobacilli smear
Causes development in the female vagina pathogens are:
- Active sex life, which is characterized by constantly changing sex partners. If unprotected intercourse, then the likelihood of Contracting diseases, transmission sexually, high.
Because vaginal douching is a violation of his healthy microflora. In this case, the development of coccobacilli may begin without the presence of an external factor.
- This means of preventing unwanted pregnancy, as intrauterine device, can cause the development of bacterial vaginosis. While coccobacillary flora can be moderate.
- Popular hormonal contraception is often the catalyst for the emergence of various women’s diseases. Any hormonal failure may serve as a stimulus for the development in the female body of these pathogenic bacteria. Women who take birth control are obliged to monitor their health more carefully, thus not to forget about all the rules of intimate hygiene.
- Bacterial vaginosis can be a side effect of taking antibiotics. The likelihood may increase significantly if the antibiotics going for a long time.
- Dysbacteriosis of the vagina may be the consequence of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Violation of intestinal microflora, which entails the failure of the pH balance of the vagina. A weakened immune system also can affect a decrease in the protective functions of the female genital organs.
About the causes of bacterial vaginosis development of doctors in the world there is still professional controversy. About douching and hormonal contraceptives as a cause of development of vaginosis all agree. But fierce debate continues around the question of the influence of the sperm on the development of vaginal dysbiosis. The doctors who support this view argue that the sperm can hamper the development of lactobacilli in the vagina that could upset its pH balance and can subsequently lead to faster development of pathogens.
How to prepare for the delivery of the smear test?
Pathogens can be detected in a smear when using bacteriological and microscopic research. To get the most truthful result that will accurately display the status of the vaginal flora, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- 2 days before delivery of the analysis it is necessary to exclude sexual contacts;
- PAP is best in the middle of the menstrual cycle;
- a week before the trip to the doctor making no douching;
- from taking a warm bath ahead of the visit to the specialist should also refrain;
- if a woman was self-medicating and used a variety of vaginal suppositories or tablets, it is necessary to stop, or they can lead to incorrect results of the analysis;
- before visit to the gynecologist, it is advisable not to go to the toilet at least 3 hours;
- on the eve of the visit to the doctor it is undesirable to use a variety of means of intimate hygiene, all procedures should be carried out only with clean and warm water.
Keeping all the above recommendations, the woman will be able to achieve the most reliable result of the analysis of the smear. In turn, this will help the doctor to prescribe the most suitable treatment method. If you do not observe the rules of preparation for the smear test, coccobacillary pathogens may not be detected. It is fraught with wrong treatment and further progressive disease.
How to restore the pH balance of the vagina?
If a smear was detected coccobacillary microflora, the woman can prescribe additional tests.
Namely, the surrender of General analysis of blood and urine. Medical imaging methods can be used if you suspect a vaginal dysbiosis.
In case of detection in women diseases that are sexually transmitted, it is necessary to prescribe antibiotics. When the diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis is assigned to receive oral medications and topical therapy which includes the use of various vaginal tablets and gels often with a high content of metronidazole.
In not neglected cases of dysbiosis vagina is enough to slightly change the regular diet. You need to add more milk products, fruits and vegetables. It is desirable that it was seasonal products. Probiotics will help to restore the microflora. When dysbacteriosis of the vagina caused by bacterial infection needs a course of antibiotics broad spectrum.
Remember, it is not necessary to self-medicate. In the case of the appearance of unpleasant symptoms, you must consult a doctor. After running form any disease difficult to treat.