Causes, symptoms and treatment of endometriosis retrocervical
Retrocervical endometriosis is a disease which is characterized by loss of the posterior wall of the cervix and its isthmus in the area of the Sacro-uterine ligaments. The frequency retrocervical (POSADSKOGO) of endometriosis among all the varieties of endometriosis is 0.5-6.5% and third place is given to this disease among other forms of genital endometriosis.
This pathology develops in women 30 to 40 years.
The lesions can spread in the direction of the rear vaginal fornix and rectum.
Retrocervical signs of endometriosis
Patients having this type of endometriosis, noted such symptoms as pain radiating to the rectum and vagina, in the area of the perineum and genital organs on the outside of the hip and lumbosacral area.
The pain in this form of endometriosis can be:
- increasing (by sexual contact and the act of defecation).
When menstruation in secretions can render the slime, krovjanisto in the stool, due to the infiltration of endometriotic lesions in the region of the rectum.
The doctor in the examination may reveal the so-called bluish eyes, bleeding from the physical effort (by sexual contact or during the inspection at the gynecologist). The blue is caused by the presence of infiltrates in the back vault of the vagina.
Pronounced form of this variety of the disease may cause temporary incapacitation. Often it is mistaken for other pathologies.
This female pathology in accordance with the localization and severity of manifestations distinguish between several stages:
- The first is the localization of foci is in the area of retrovirology fiber.
- Second – endometrial cells invade the wall of the vagina and uterine cervix, forming melkomasshtabnye tumors.
- The third endometriotic lesions are exposed to the Sacro-uterine ligaments, coupled with the serous cover of the rectum.
- The fourth affects the mucous cover of the rectum. Distribution of infiltrates observed in the direction of the uterus, peritoneum, rectum. A distinctive feature is the development of adhesions.
Causes of disease in women
Although the causes of endometriosis (and its varieties in particular) are still unknown to doctors, identify a number of factors contributing to the emergence of the disease in women, namely:
- reproductive age (when a woman is able to conceive and give birth to a child);
- a large number of abortions;
- the lack of pregnancies;
- violation of hormonal in this regard, the menstrual cycle;
- the prolonged use of intrauterine contraception.
Diagnosis of this form of endometriosis happens during gynecological examination the posterior fornix of the vagina. By palpation revealed a painful nodular solid formation with different patients of different sizes.
Ultrasound is a diagnostic procedure usually reveals a non-uniform echo dense formation, smoothed the isthmus, fuzzy visualization of the contour of the rectum.
Fundamental diagnostic method for this type of endometriosis is biopsy.
If the lesion is noted in the rectum, prescribed a colonoscopy, barium enema, sigmoidoscopy, targeted biopsy. In some cases, it may be shown cystoscopy, excretory urography, magnetic resonance imaging.
Treatment of endometriotic lesions behind the cervix
Retrocervical treatment of endometriosis can be selected that corresponds to one of the stages.
The first stage of treatment involves excision of the pathological focus via the vagina in order to diagnosis and subsequent treatment appointments. Such a material is sent to the mandatory study on the histological part.
If the patient has a first or second stage of the disease, then perform excision of the endometriotic lesion to the borders of the healthy tissue. Then, on the dissected surface of the vagina impose cathalogue seams.
It is advisable to perform cryotherapy (the effect on the pathological lesion with liquid nitrogen) Lodge of endometriosis even before the stitches will be imposed. This measure will allow to exclude the subsequent distribution of infiltrates.
Women with the third stage of the pathological process is assigned back colpotomy (represents the cutting of the vaginal wall and underlying recto-vaginal tissue). Then perform excision of endometriotic lesions in the area of the Sacro-uterine ligaments and rectal serosa layers, they’re doing cryo – and laser treatment on the area of the Sacro-uterine ligaments. At the same time examine the condition of the organs in the pelvis, in the abdominal cavity in the recto-uterine recess.
In the fourth stage of endometriosis young women recommended excision for diagnosis of a pathologic focus for a more accurate diagnosis.
Then massive prescribed therapy based on the hormone preparations from the progestin:
- Have norgestrel;
- Dienoguest, etc.
Also appointed by the gonadotropins (Danol) or antagonists of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Diferelin, Lucern, Zoladex).
In addition to this therapy, patients with this kind of endometriosis is still needed Spa treatment, soothing baths with iodine, radon, bromine. Symptomatic treatment is used.
A favorable prognosis is made in 65% of cases, if the woman promptly sought medical help and got it.
Endometriosis pozavcherashny should not be confused with cancer of the rectum or ovaries.
Preventive measures against POSADSKOGO endometriosis
As you know, any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. Therefore, a few simple tips will help eliminate the development of women have endometriosis, localized behind the cervix:
- to prevent the situation of abortions, use of modern contraceptives;
- to resort to intrauterine manipulation only when have appropriate medical appointments (for the purposes of diagnosis and treatment);
- to prevent injury to the birth canal (a significant role here plays the correct execution of stitches in tearing of the vaginal walls and cervix);
- timely correction of hormonal changes;
- on time and properly treat inflammatory diseases of the reproductive system.