The main causes and treatment of thin endometrium
If thin endometrium, causes can have very different nature. However, in any case, hypoplasia of (the medical name of the problem presented) needs competent treatment, since the disease can lead to serious problems with pregnancy and childbearing.
What is hypoplasia?
Endometrium is a mucous membrane lining the internal uterine surface. In the composition of the endometrium are epithelial cells that cover blood vessels, ground substance. The shell plays a very important role for successful conception and successful pregnancy. Because it attaches to the endometrium the embryo and the vessels that supply nutrition and oxygen to the fetus.
The layer of the endometrium, its structure and thickness are subjected to certain changes depending on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It increases in thickness after the ovulation period and in the absence of fertilization, exfoliate again reduced in size. On average, the normal thickness of the endometrium should be indices between 0.5 and 1.5 centimeters. If the endometrial layer is thinner than 0.4, we are talking about the pathological condition known as hypoplasia, which is characterized by superficial development of the uterine mucous layer.
What occurs pathology?
According to statistics, a thin endometrium is observed in every third women. According to experts-gynecologists, for thin endometrium causes can be hormonal imbalance in the female body. In addition, hypoplasia can trigger the following reasons:
- Violation and injury to the mucosa of the uterine sheath, leading to damage of the basal layer of the endometrium.
- Migrated abortion.
- Violation of uterine blood flow in congenital or acquired nature.
- Surgical operations on the uterus.
- Inflammatory lesions of the uterus.
- Irregularities in functioning of the endocrine system.
- Uterine pathology, as expressed in its underdevelopment.
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Violation of blood flow and stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs.
- Genetic factor leading to the disorder of the uterine functions.
- Prolonged and uncontrolled use of contraceptives.
- Infections of a sexual nature.
- Transferred earlier surgical intervention in the area of the ovaries.
- The presence of polycystic ovary syndrome.
In addition, there is a theory about the hereditary nature pathologically thin endometrial layer. However, this hypothesis to date, accurate proof and evidence has not.
Signs of disease
Thin lining of the uterus is accompanied by a number of characteristics and manifestations that help you make timely diagnosis of disease, provide therapeutic course. Experts identify the following symptoms inherent hypoplasia:
- Disorders of the menstrual cycle.
- The emergence of spotting discharge occurring during menstruation in the middle of the cycle.
- Scarce minor allocation menstrual blood.
- Abortion in the early stages.
- Complicated by spontaneous abortion, accompanied by internal bleeding.
- Weak expression of secondary sexual characteristics.
- Overly narrow pelvis.
- Late start of menstruation (sixteen and older).
- Periodic uterine bleeding with clots, wearing a breakthrough.
It is important to know that a thin endometrium is a quite dangerous disease, fraught with serious complications. Therefore, if you notice these symptoms are encouraged to seek the advice of an endocrinologist and undergo the necessary examination.
Of course, the pregnancy should proceed under the strict supervision of a specialist, in compliance with all medical recommendations and on the background of absolute rest, but the pathology must be treated. In order to avoid possible problems and complications during pregnancy and should be examined and a course of treatment before conception.
What is the danger of thin endometrium?
Normal and full development of the endometrium is essential for successful conception and pregnancy. Endometrium consists of two layers: the basal and functional. The functional layer is responsible for the implantation of a fertilized egg and fetal development prior to the completion of processes of formation of the placenta. Therefore, when the thinning of the uterine endometrial a high probability of complications such as infertility, spontaneous abortion.
It is also possible the following adverse events:
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- A weak patrimonial activities.
- Pronounced, prolonged morning sickness.
- The complication of the generic process.
- Profuse heavy bleeding during the postpartum period.
It used to be that the hypoplasia of the endometrium and pregnancy are incompatible, but modern medicine has shown that a woman suffering from this problem, it is able to become a mother and give birth to a healthy baby. When difficulties conceiving it is recommended to conduct treatments IVF – artificial insemination.
Detection of hypoplasia is based on a detailed study of the symptoms, the overall clinical picture and results of history. However, to confirm the diagnosis and determine the causes of the disease, the patient is assigned to the following study:
- Ultrasound examination of the uterus, which are held several times throughout the menstrual cycle and is necessary to determine the thickness of the endometrium.
- General analysis of blood.
- A blood test for the determination of the concentration of progesterone, follicle stimulating hormone and luteotrophic hormones. To obtain very accurate results, the blood analysis is recommended at the twentieth or twenty-first day of the menstrual cycle.
- A biopsy of the uterus.
- Holding paypel biopsy.
- Ultrasound examination of small pelvis organs.
- Hysteroscopy, which is a survey of the uterine cavity with a special optical device.
- Taking a scraping of the uterine tissue to bring histological examination. This procedure is recommended before the beginning of menstruation.
Methods of treatment
To achieve these goals are two basic therapeutic techniques: conservative and surgical. Let’s consider them in more detail. Conservative treatment consists mainly in the use of hormone preparations containing progesterone or dydrogesterone (e.g., antiseptic). This method of treatment is indicated in cases when the cause of the disease was a violation of the hormonal balance. The selection of the drug, determination of dosage and duration of intake should be carried out solely by the attending physician individually.
In addition to conservative method of treatment includes the following methods:
- Herbal medicine.
The above treatments usually are assigned patients, the development of hypoplasia which was provoked by the violation of uterine blood flow, inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs. In addition, the physical therapy greatly helps to build the endometrial layer.
Surgical treatment is a surgery aimed at the removal of the inner layer of the endometrium that is a powerful way to intensify the processes responsible for the buildup of endometrial tissue and thickening. In case of thin endometrium causes largely determine the way of dealing with disease. The selection of therapeutic methods is selected by the specialist taking into account a number of factors to ensure very effective treatment.